2020 ACADEMY 2 PROGRAMMES
About the Programme
NHA will run a U13, U15 & U18 Academy (Development Programme) in the September School Holiday period of 2020. The programme is an opportunity for ANY players of these age groups to up skill their hockey with a group of their peers.
These are 6 sessions that focuses on your fitness, mental skills, hockey skills & tactical development.
The programme in 2020 will be led by our PDO with support from other experienced coaches within the region.
The U13 programme will be run on the following dates and times:
- Mon 28th Sep 3.30-5.00pm
- Tues 29th Sep 3.30-5.00pm
- Thurs 1st Oct 3.30-5.00pm
- Mon 5th Oct 3.30-5.00pm
- Tues 6th Oct 3.30-5.00pm
- Thurs 7th Oct 3.30-5.00pm
The U15 programme will be run on the following dates and times:
- Mon 28th Sep 5.00-6.30pm
- Tues 29th Sep 5.00-6.30pm
- Thurs 1st Oct 5.00-6.30pm
- Mon 5th Oct 5.00-6.30pm
- Tues 6th Oct 5.00-6.30pm
- Thurs 7th Oct 5.00-6.30pm
The U18 programme will be run on the following dates and times:
- Mon 28th Sep 6.30-8.30pm
- Tues 29th Sep 6.30-8.30pm
- Thurs 1st Oct 6.30-8.30pm
- Mon 5th Oct 6.30-8.30pm
- Tues 6th Oct 6.30-8.30pm
- Thurs 7th Oct 6.30-8.30pm
- Each NEW player will receive an Academy singlet. Those who have attended any of our 2020 Academy programmes are to wear their singlet to these sessions!
- Cost for U13 & U15 programme is $75 per player for the whole programme.
- Cost for the U18 programme is $100 per player for the whole programme.
The following should be used as guidelines when players are nominating themselves for the Academy Development programmes:
- High level of coachability
- Versatility in a range of positions
- Willingness to learn
- Team Player
- Love of hockey
- Positive attitude
- Embrace the principles of fair play
2020 GK TRAINING PROGRAMME
About the Programme
Nelson’s very own ex-NZ Master’s GK’s, Karen Shearer and Trevor Eden will again be running a GK Training Programme during this year’s hockey season. The programme is an opportunity for ANY GK of any age or level to up skill their GK with a group of their peers during the season.
This is a FREE GK specialised programme that focuses on the basics, rules, individual GK strengths & weaknesses, communication to their teammates, & tactical development.
- The programme in 2020 will be led by our Karen Shearer & Trevor Eden.
- The programme will be run during the season on Wednesdays 7.30-8.30 pm beginning 1st July 2020.
- The programme will consist of 1 weekly session (1 hour) during the season.