2021 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
About the Programme
NHA will run a U13, U15 & U18 Development Program I&II (Development Programme) during 2021 Season. The program is an opportunity for ANY players of these age groups to up skill their hockey with a group of their peers.
These are 6 sessions per Term that focuses on your fitness, mental skills, hockey skills & tactical development.
The program in 2021 will be led by our PDO with support from other experienced coaches within the region.
The U13 program will be run on the following dates and times:
2021-U13 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM I:
- Frid 19th Feb 3.30-5.00pm
- Frid 26th Feb 3.30-5.00pm
- Frid 05th Mar 3.30-5.00pm
- Frid 12th Mar 3.30-5.00pm
- Frid 19th Mar 3.30-5.00pm
- Frid 26th Mar 3.30-5.00pm
2021-U13 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM II:
- Thu 06th May 3.30-5.00pm
- Thu 13th May 3.30-5.00pm
- Thu 20th May 3.30-5.00pm
- Thu 27th May 3.30-5.00pm
- Thu 03th Jun 3.30-5.00pm
- Thu 10th Jun 3.30-5.00pm
The U15 program will be run on the following dates and times:
2021-U15 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM I
- Frid 19th Feb 5.00pm-06:30 pm
- Frid 26th Feb 5.00pm-06:30 pm
- Frid 05th Mar 5.00pm-06:30 pm
- Frid 12th Mar 5.00pm-06:30 pm
- Frid 19th Mar 5.00pm-06:30 pm
- Frid 26th Mar 5.00pm-06:30 pm
2021-U15 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM II
- Thu 06th May 5.00pm-06:30pm
- Thu 13th May 5.00pm-06:30pm
- Thu 20th May 5.00pm-06:30pm
- Thu 27th May 5.00pm-06:30pm
- Thu 03th Jun 5.00pm-06:30pm
- Thu 10th Jun 5.00pm-06:30pm
The U18 program will be run on the following dates and times:
2021-U18 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM I:
- Frid 19th Feb 06:30 pm-08:30 PM
- Frid 26th Feb 06:30 pm-08:30 PM
- Frid 05th Mar 06:30 pm-08:30 PM
- Frid 12th Mar 06:30 pm-08:30 PM
- Frid 19th Mar 06:30 pm-08:30 PM
- Frid 26th Mar 06:30 pm-08:30 PM
- 2021-U18 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM II
- Thu 06th May 06:30pm-08:30pm
- Thu 13th May 06:30pm-08:30pm
- Thu 20th May 06:30pm-08:30pm
- Thu 27th May 06:30pm-08:30pm
- Thu 03th Jun 06:30pm-08:30pm
- Thu 10th Jun 06:30pm-08:30pm
- Cost for U13 & U15 program is $75 per player for the whole program.
- Cost for the U18 program is $100 per player for the whole program.
The following should be used as guidelines when players are nominating themselves for the Academy Development programs:
- High level of coachability
- Versatility in a range of positions
- Willingness to learn
- Team Player
- Love of hockey
- Positive attitude
- Embrace the principles of fair play
2021 GK TRAINING PROGRAMME
About the Programme
Nelson’s very own ex-NZ Master’s GK’s, Karen Shearer and Trevor Eden will again be running a 2021-GK Training Programme during this year’s hockey season. The programme is an opportunity for ANY GK of any age or level to up skill their GK with a group of their peers during the season.
This is a FREE GK specialised programme that focuses on the basics, rules, individual GK strengths & weaknesses, communication to their teammates, & tactical development.
- The programme in 2021 will be led by our Karen Shearer & Trevor Eden.
- The programme will be run during the season on Wednesdays 7.30-8.30 pm beginning 07TH April 2021.
- The programme will consist of 1 weekly session (1 hour) during the season.