2020 ACADEMY 1 PROGRAMMES
About the Programme
NHA will run a U13, U15 & U18 Academy (Development Programme) in Term 1 of 2020 prior to the hockey season commencement. The programme is an opportunity for ANY players of these age groups to up skill their hockey with a group of their peers.
These are 6 week programmes that focuses on your fitness, mental skills, hockey skills & tactical development.
- The programme in 2020 will be led by our PDO with support from other experienced coaches within the region.
- The U13 & U15 programme will be run in Term 1 on Fridays beginning 21st Feb 20 – 27th Mar 20.
- The U18 programme will be run in Term 1 on Thursdays beginning 20th Feb 20 – 26th Mar 20.
- The programme will consist of 1 weekly session (1 hour & a half or 2 hours) over 6 weeks at NHA.
- U13 Boys & Girls will train 4.00-5.30 pm on Fridays.
- U15 Boys & Girls will train 5.30-7.00 pm on Fridays.
- U18 Boys & Girls will train 6.30-8.30 pm on Thursdays.
- Each NEW player will receive an Academy singlet. Those who have attended any of our 2019 Academy programmes are to wear their singlet to these sessions!
- Cost for U13 & U15 programme is $75 per player for the whole programme.
- Cost for the U18 programme is $100 per player for the whole programme.
The following should be used as guidelines when players are nominating themselves for the Academy Development programmes:
- High level of coachability
- Versatility in a range of positions
- Willingness to learn
- Team Player
- Love of hockey
- Positive attitude
- Embrace the principles of fair play
2020 GK TRAINING PROGRAMME
About the Programme
Nelson’s very own ex-NZ Master’s GK’s, Karen Shearer and Trevor Eden will again be running a GK Training Programme during this year’s hockey season. The programme is an opportunity for ANY GK of any age or level to up skill their GK with a group of their peers during the season.
This is a FREE GK specialised programme that focuses on the basics, rules, individual GK strengths & weaknesses, communication to their teammates, & tactical development.
- The programme in 2020 will be led by our Karen Shearer & Trevor Eden.
- The programme will be run during the season on Tuesdays 7.30-8.30 pm beginning 05 MAY 20.
- The programme will consist of 1 weekly session (1 hour) during the season.
Tasman Regional 7 a Side School Hockey Tournaments REGISTRATIONS OPEN!!! Register your School Team!!!!
Tasman Regional 7 a Side School Hockey Tournaments REGISTRATIONS OPEN!!! Register your School Team!!!! Tuesday…