NHA would like to send our Masters community our best wishes for the upcoming 2024…
PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
NELSON HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
Employment Status: External Contractor 0.5 FTE
An opportunity to create change!
We’re currently looking for a dynamic, energetic individual to build the Performance Area at Nelson Hockey Association.
We are actively seeking someone who will get their hands dirty and be a key contributor to the Associations purpose of “providing a great sport for life”.
The role will be responsible for organising and rolling out development programs for our higher performing players, coaches’ umpires and volunteers, aligning with Capital Hockey where appropriate.
Your role will be responsible for managing and administering the Nelson Hockey representative portfolio (from junior representative to Masters) along with playing a key role in organising any national and international tournaments held in Nelson.
You will be experienced in developing sport at a higher level, whether this is within hockey or sitting with another sports code. You will be enthusiastic, awesome communication will come naturally and you are able demonstrate great leadership abilities. You must be able to show versatility and confidence and have great administration skills. Having experience in dealing with volunteers of different ages would be a bonus too.
If you like a challenge, and would like to make a difference in the hockey community, this could be the role for you.
The Association governs hockey in the Nelson Region, providing social and competitive hockey opportunities to our membership and clubs and development opportunities to schools.
With around 1200 members we must ensure we remain relevant to our community and provide a service that caters for young kids all the way through to our most senior volunteers and players.
Boasting 2 international standard turfs, we attract both national and international tournaments
Relevant Skills and Experience
• Motivated self-starter possessing confidence and professionalism
• Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to take on daily administrative tasks
• Experience with hosting and organising competitions and tournaments
• Experience in the delivery of coach, volunteer and player development initiatives at a higher performing level
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity, community minded
The role directly reports to the Nelson Hockey Operations Manager and sits alongside the Regional Development Manager (Community Hockey Officer).
The Nelson Hockey Performance Officer will be responsible for ensuring a high level service is provided to our members and partners. The Performance officer is pivotal in providing a service that meets our current membership and community’s needs.
The position will assume the overall responsibility for leading and developing talent within Nelson Hockey including (but not limited to);
Foster and lead development initiatives aimed at higher performing level in conjunction with key volunteers and Capital Hockey including;
• Create and implement senior and representative coach development plans
• Create and implement senior umpire development
• Plan and host player and coach development clinics for our higher performers
• Lead and organise recognition events where appropriate
• Linking and liaising with Capital Hockey requirements where appropriate
Manage the representative and tournaments program
Ensure the smooth operation of representative program including
• Hosting regional, national and international events when required
• Communication with other Associations and NZ Hockey re Tournaments
• Manage the representative selectors, coaches and managers
• Organise representative trial dates, training schedules and match fixtures
• Communications around appointments and selections
• Liaise and assist the Nelson Masters teams
• Organise accommodation and travel arrangements for all representative teams
• Deliver on the boards strategic direction in relation to performance development
• Promote a culture that reflects Nelson Hockey’s values
• Build and manage key relationship with clubs, partners, volunteers and stakeholders
• Retain and recognise our volunteers
• Work within budget
• Ensure communication to our membership is developed, current and done through various avenues (Facebook, website, media)
To apply, please email your resume and covering letter to Prof.Fabian Amor (NHA Operations Manager) at [email protected] by May 29th 02.00 pm.