U 13-15 Development Programme
About the Programme
NHA have implemented a U13-15 Development Programme. The programme enables Nelson Hockey Association to develop a significant number of players prior to the representative season.
In 2018 Nelson Hockey will continue with the changes based on community feedback from previous years to improve the Organisation of this programme and offer the programme to further individuals.
- The programme in 2018 will be coached by NHA Staff.
- The programme will be run in term 2;
- The programme will consist of 1 weekly sessions (1 hours) at a centralized venue (NHA).
The following should be used as guidelines when players are nominating themselves for the U13-15 Development programme.
Players that possess the following attributes should nominate themselves for the U13-15 program;
- Be U15 as of 1stJanuary 2018 and be in year 9, 10 or 11
- Be U13 as of 1st January 2018 and be in year 7-8
- Be available to participate in the U13-15 Representative programme in Term 3.
- Potential to represent Nelson Hockey in the next two years
- High level of coachability
- Versatility in a range of positions
- Willingness to learn
- Team Player
- Love of hockey
- Positive attitude
- Embrace the principles of fair play
Please note that to be considered for selection in a Nelson Hockey U13-15 Representative team individuals it will be important to take part in the U13-15 Development Programme.
Important Dates: Programme start JUNE 3RD-SUNDAY
(U13 09.00-10.00) -(U15 10.00.-11.00)
May 18th: Nominations open
May 30th: Nominations close & Programme information sent to participants
June 3rd: Programme starts
U13-15 Trials will be held after the U15 Development Programme has finished and before term 2 finishes.
For more comprehensive information on the U13-15 Development Programme or Representative Campaign please contact Nelson Hockey Association-